free leads

follow button

Share

BlogDash

My custom gifts at Zazzle


These works are for sale in print as well as original 25% of funds raised are forwarded to help with research My agent number 3358771

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beautiful Frill-necked Lizard



I will keep you all up to date it should be done in a few days.


The large ruff of skin that lies folded back against its neck is where it gets its name frill-necked, the frill is supported by long spines of the cartilage that are connected to the jawbones. When the lizard is frightened it gapes its mouth and the frill flares out displaying bright orange-red purplish-blue to a blueish black, the reaction is to discourage predators but it is all so used during courtship, this Lizard is rather large in size it can grow to 91.00cm and it can run on its back two legs, however, its body is darker than its frill and you can find them in many different colours, I found this one on a trip to Cairns, I stopped just outside Cardwell with some friends and went for a walk in the Cardwell ranges, just to see what I could see I had only been walking for about half an hour, and there was two frill-necked lizard's having a dispute over territory, I was able to get a good photo of one before they ran up a tree well separate trees, of course, I moved away from there territory and found a spot to sit, and stayed for a few hours and got some good sketches of one without its frill, most of the time they live in the trees and only come down to hunt or do some courting, or of course have a dispute over territory, The original graphite drawing is for sale at $800,00, Prints of this drawing are available on archival canvas for $155.00 US for A4 or $205.00 US for A3  and 25% of the profits go to Cancer research.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Les, Thanks for the great comment it is appreciated very much. Kind regards Brian

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, is very helpful for me. Personally I am a seller and mostly selling on eBay & Amazon and planning to extend my business, if I get a own website? Thinking about this, I have speaked with an eCommerce Consultant from Sellers Engine, and they are really having some professional stuffs.

    ReplyDelete